Learning to love yourself can be a very tough thing to do — many people are their own biggest critics for no reason at all. Loving yourself can be incredibly hard when you are growing up, too: You’re learning all of these new things about the world and yourself. Some people grow faster than others, so it is hard not to compare yourself to those around you.
Self-affirmations are the easiest ways to learn to love yourself, and they can also be incredibly beneficial for your daughter. Self-affirmations can be used to help you teach your daughter self-love and can boost her confidence through the roof.
To be more effective, you should start with the areas that your daughter may be the most self-conscious about, whether that be her looks, her feelings, her relationships, etc. If that works, then she may be able to see that her other insecurities are caused by her being too harsh on herself and she may be able to come up with and use her self-love affirmations to overcome them.
Here are a few examples of self-love affirmations:
- I am valued
- I love the body that I was born in
- I forgive myself and learn from my mistakes
- I have a lot to offer to the world
- My life is filled with love and joy
- I deserve happiness
- I have the power to change my world
- I choose to stop apologizing for being me
- The only approval I need is my own
- I do not need anybody else to feel worthy
- My life is full of endless opportunities for success and happiness
- I reward myself for my hard work and dedication
- My body is my best friend
- I am proud of myself
- I am love
These positive self-love affirmations said daily or in times of struggle can help make a huge difference in your daughter’s life.